501 Rock Prairie Road, College Station, TX 77845
Rock Prairie Elementary SchoolDATE ACQUIRED
1988ACREAGE10.01 Acres - DevelopedPARKS ZONE
Curfew - 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
This park, formerly known as Westchester Park, was the first joint-use project for the College Station Independent School District and the City of College Station. The cooperative effort between the two entities led to the design and implementation of a facility that would serve a dual purpose; during school hours the park functions as a school playground and playing fields; the remainder of the time, as a regular city park for use by the general public. The park has two playgrounds, shelter, basketball court, 1/3 mile jogging track with fitness court, picnic units and practice fields that include backstops. Future improvements will be implemented as the area around the school and park develops. Partial funding for the development of the park was provided by the College Station Independent School District in the amount of $75,000.00. The park was renamed in 1994 in honor of Jack and Dorothy Miller for their dedication to the community. Iron fencing was added in 1998.
Covered Basketball Court UNLIGHTED FACILITIES
3 Picnic Units, includes Barbecue Pit
2 Play Units
Open Play Area
Jogging/Walking Trail - 1/3 Mile
Rock Prairie Elementary RENTABLE FACILITIES
All facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with no reservations required.
For more information, call 979.764.3486, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Office, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road in College Station.