2615 Texas Avenue and King Cole Drive, College Station, TX 77840
Police StationDATE ACQUIRED
2.50 Acres - Developed PARKS ZONE
Curfew - 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The Chamber of Commerce occupied this site in 1976 and the pond was used as a picnic area and a gathering spot for people to watch the ducks and fish. When the Chamber of Commerce moved in 1984, the City of College Station used the property for the development of a new police station. In the process, over half of the pond had to be filled in for a new parking lot. In 1987, the remaining pond was renovated and an aerator added. A 1/3 mile jogging trail, shelter, and two fishing piers were also added to give this park a pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere to play and relax in. Cy Miller Park was dedicated on April 16, 1988, to Clarence Ivan Miller, the previous owner of the site. In 1998, pier improvements at the pond were paid for by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. In 2002, the sculpture “Service With Honor” by artist Payne Lara, was installed at the Police Station nearby.
Public Art – Sculpture, “Service With Honor” UNLIGHTED FACILITIES
Picnic Unit, includes Barbecue Pit
Walking/Jogging Trail - 1/3 MileOTHER
The City of College Station Police DepartmentRENTABLE FACILITIES
All facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with no reservations required.
For more information, call 979.764.3486, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Office, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road in College Station.