You are now leaving the City of College Station websiteloading

Prosecutor FAQs

Last item for navigation


    How can I request a police report?
    If you are a defendant in a municipal court case, you can request the police report directly from the prosecutor through a written request for discovery.

    If you are a not a defendant in a case, you will need to make an open records request to the City Secretary’s Office. Please be aware, that the Public Information Act provides various exceptions for the city to withhold information. If there is an open or pending case, the police report will not be released.
    How can I get copies of all evidence in the case against me?
    You must make a written request for discovery to the prosecutor identifying the specific items you are requesting. This is typically handled during your pretrial conference with the prosecutor. If you are requesting audio, video, or pictures, you will also need to provide a CD, DVD, or new flash drive in original packaging.
    How do I pay for my citation?
    Through College Station Municipal Court.

    Click here to learn more. 
    How do I contest a parking citation?
    Click here to view your options through the College Station Municipal Court. 
    How can I speak with the prosecutor?
    If you plead not guilty, you will be scheduled for a pretrial conference to meet with the prosecutor to discuss the case.  

    The prosecutor does not meet with defendants prior to their scheduled pretrial conference.
    How do I contact College Station Municipal Court?
    P.O. Box 9960
    300 Krenek Tap Road
    College Station, TX 77842

    Monday: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
    Tuesday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

    I have a subpoena to testify in Municipal Court. What do I do?
    If you have received a subpoena from the College Station Municipal Court to testify in a case, it is important that you appear at court on the day specified in the subpoena. If you fail to appear, you could be subject to contempt of court charges. If you have any questions about why you have been subpoenaed to testify, please call the number included on your subpoena and ask to speak with the prosecutor. Your participation as a witness is vital to prosecute a case. If you fail to show up, the prosecutor may not be able to proceed with the case.

    Also, please remember to call the witness line included on your subpoena the day before your scheduled appearance date to verify that you need to appear the next day. Many times a case will be resolved before trial or will be rescheduled. Unfortunately, due to the high case load volume, the prosecutor cannot call every witness to let them know their case has been resolved or reset to a new day.
    How do I report a code violation?
    There are three ways to report code violations:

    1) Call 979.764.6363

    2) Email [email protected]

    3) Visit SeeClickFix

    Learn more at
    How can I report a criminal act in which I was the victim?
    If it is an emergency situation, please call 911.

    If there is not an emergency, please contact the police department either in person or through the non-emergency line at 979.764.3660 to report the incident. The College Station Police Department will investigate to determine if a criminal violation has occurred. You may be asked to complete a Citizen’s Request for Prosecution. All Citizen’s Requests for Prosecution are reviewed by the prosecutor to determine if sufficient facts exist to accept your case, and you will be notified as to whether the case is accepted for prosecution. Please note, that a case will only be accepted for prosecution if the prosecutor believes the case can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.
City of College Station | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.