You are now leaving the City of College Station websiteloading

Housing Minor Repair Program

Last item for navigation

Does your home need essential repairs?
Minor repair assistance is provided through a grant of up to $10,000 on owner-occupied homes that require necessary but minor repairs. Eligible repairs include replacement of an air conditioner or heater, repair to plumbing or electrical systems, or other minor repairs necessary to ensure safe living conditions.

To apply for this program, please download the following files, complete and return to the Community Development office with all applicable information.

Important Documents (PDF)
>> Minor Repair Checklist
>> Minor Repair Application
>> Minor Repair Program Summary

To qualify for the Housing Minor Repair Loan Program:

  • You must own and occupy the house needing repairs;
  • The house must be located within the College Station City Limits;
  • You must be current on your property taxes;
  • You must have homeowner's insurance;
  • Your family income cannot exceed the current HUD published Median Income Limits for the City of College Station;
  • You may not have more than $20,000 in liquid assets, excluding retirement accounts and personal property;

Minor home repair projects eligible for this program include:

1. Addressing health/safety issues

    a. Replacement of air conditioning/heating systems
    b. Replacement of a water heater system
    c. Water/sewer/gas line breaks
    d. Electrical system failures
    e. Ordinance compliance
    f. Other minor repairs necessary to ensure safe living conditions

2. Exterior home repairs/structural integrity issues

    a. Minor weatherization
    b. Roofing repair or replacement
    c. Minor gutter installation
    d. Walkway repair or replacement
    e. Siding or exterior trim repair

City of College Station | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.