The City of College Station’s Christmas in the Park will return to Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Dec. 1-3 from 6-10 p.m. Free activities include old-fashioned hayrides, cookies and hot cocoa, live entertainment, inflatables, petting zoo, real snow slides and photos with Santa. You’re allowed to bring your own camera to take a photo for free or buy a professional photo for $5.
Shuttles will run Dec. 1-3 from Municipal Court parking lot (300 Krenek Tap Rd.) to Stephen C. Beachy Central Park. Guests may bring their own refreshments, but coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller. Alcohol, glass containers and pets are not allowed. Food vendors will also be available.
The holiday celebration doesn’t stop there! Guests can continue the family tradition of viewing more than one million lights that will decorate the beautiful 47-acre Stephen C. Beachy Central Park from 6-11 p.m. each day starting on Thanksgiving and ending New Year’s.
INTERESTED IN PERFORMING?
The City of College Station is looking for groups or individuals to perform during Christmas in the Park, Dec. 1-3 from 6-10 p.m. Performances will be based on staff approval and first-come, first-serve basis. Time slots will be assigned based on length of performances. Performances will take place on a large mobile stage at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park.
- All performances must be family friendly.
- You must include elements of the holiday season in your performance (festive wear, Christmas music, etc.).
- Due to stage setup, props will not be allowed without prior approval. Special requests must be received no later than Wednesday, Nov. 1
- All recorded music must be received, along with a song list in the order of your performance, no later than Wednesday, Nov. 15. If there are any last minute changes to your music and/or song list, you must notify us and submit the changes to us no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 27. It’s suggested to bring a backup CD with you to the performance.
- You may choose a 10, 20, 30, 45 or 55 minute time slot.
- Your group must check in 30 minutes prior to your performance time.
- Due to parking, it’s suggested to carpool and arrive 45 minutes before your performance. It’s very important that your group starts and ends on the designated time you are allotted. If not, you may forfeit your allotted time or your time will be shorten.
- You will be able to choose a date preference but not the time. Time slots will be assigned based on performance time and age of performers.
---> Online Performance Application
QUESTIONS? Call 979.764.6271 or email@example.com.
JINGLE BELL FUN RUN
The College Station Parks & Recreation Department’s 28th Annual Jingle Bell Fun Run is set for Sunday, Dec. 3 at 1:15 p.m. and will be followed by the B/CS Christmas Parade. This two-mile run starts at the corner of University Drive and South College Avenue and ends at the corner of Texas Avenue and Elm.
Registration begins Sept. 5! Entry fee is $15 before Nov. 19 and $20 between Nov. 20 and 26. Race shirts are guaranteed to participants who register by Nov. 19. Dogs are welcome. The run will not be timed and a shuttle will be available to pick up participants at the end of the route to transport back to the start line.
Participants can register at rectrac.cstx.gov
or in-person at the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road. Packet pick-up will be Nov. 29 from 8 am. to 5 p.m. and Nov. 30 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 979.764.3486 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT INFORMATION: 979.764.3486
For more information, call 979.764.3486 or visit the College Station Parks & Recreation Office, 1000 Krenek Tap Rd.