By popular demand the City of College Station is saying goodbye to Christmas at the Creek and bringing back Christmas in the Park at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park. This fun-filled, family event will be Dec. 2 from 6-10 p.m., Dec. 3 from 12-10 p.m. and Dec. 4 from 6-10 p.m.
Daily activities will include a tour of the park on an old-fashioned hayride, free cookies and hot cocoa, and photos with Santa. You’re allowed to bring your own camera to take photos for free or buy a professional photo for $5.
On Saturday, Dec. 3 visitors can enjoy dance performances, inflatables, a petting zoo, real snow slides and a Holiday Vendor Village with a variety of arts, crafts, jewelry, candles and more. Guests may bring their own refreshments, but coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller. Alcohol, glass containers and pets are not allowed. Food vendors will be available.
The holiday celebration doesn’t stop there! Guests can continue the family tradition of viewing more than one million lights that will decorate the beautiful 47-acre Stephen C. Beachy Central Park from 6-11 p.m. each day starting on Thanksgiving and ending New Year’s.
JINGLE BELL FUN RUN
The College Station Parks & Recreation Department’s 27th Annual Jingle Bell Fun Run is set for Sunday, Dec. 4 at 1:15 p.m. and will be followed by the B/CS Christmas Parade
. This two-mile run starts at the corner of University Drive and South College Avenue and ends at the corner of Texas Avenue and Villa Maria.
Register today! Entry fee is $15 before Nov. 18 and $20 between Nov. 19 and 25. Race shirts are guaranteed to participants who register by Nov. 18. Dogs are welcome. The run will not be timed and a shuttle will be available to pick up participants at the end of the route to transport back to the start line.
Participants can register at rectrac.cstx.gov
or in-person at the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road. Packet pick-up will be Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 979.764.3486 or email@example.com
The City of College Station would like to invite you to display and sell your crafts, products and more in the Holiday Vendor Village at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park. Apply in-person at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road during normal business hours. All vendor applications must be received by before Nov. 18.
- Booth setup will take place from 7-10 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. All booths must be ready at 11 a.m. All booths must remain open until the event concludes at 10 p.m.
- Booth fee is $50 per space.
- Vendors must bring a tent (no larger than 10’ x 10’ for one space or no larger than 10’ x 20’ for two spaces), tables, chairs and tent lighting. The tent must be weighed down.
- Water and electricity will be provided at no charge. Special requests, such as being placed near electricity outlets, must be received in writing by Nov. 18.
- All booths must be family friendly.
- Booth availability is based on a first come, first served upon approval of the event supervisor and the availability of booth spaces.
- No more than one like independent vendor, such as: Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Scentsy, Silpada, etc. will be accepted.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you a booth, every vendor will be notified by email or phone by Nov. 18 of their approval and you will be sent a vendor agreement along with rules and regulations.
- A booth is not reserved until all paperwork and $50 fee has been received.
For more information on Holiday vendors, call 979.764.3486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in performing at this year’s Christmas in the Park? The City of College Station is looking for groups for individuals to perform on Saturday Dec. 3 between 12 and 10 p.m. Performances will be based on a first come, first serve basis and a variety of timeslots will be available.
Due to limited parking, all groups are encouraged to arrive at the park a minimum of an hour early to allow time for drop-off. All acts must be lined-up and ready to perform 30 minutes before their scheduled time to allow for staging. All performers will have 30 minutes for their performance. Additional time can be requested but is not guaranteed.
Apply online or in-person at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road during normal business hours. All performer applications must be received by before Nov. 18.
---> Online Form: Christmas in the Park Performance
For more information on performances, call 979.764.3486 or email email@example.com
CONTACT INFORMATION: 979.764.3486
For more information, call 979.764.3486 or visit the College Station Parks & Recreation Office, 1000 Krenek Tap Rd.
Gerry LoganSpecial Events Supervisor
Gabby SalazarEvent Activities Assistant