The City of College Station’s Christmas in the Park will return to Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Nov. 30-Dec. 1 and Dec. 7-8 from 6-10 p.m. Enjoy old-fashioned hayrides, cookies and hot cocoa, live entertainment, a petting zoo, inflatables, real snow slides, photos with Santa and more! Guests may bring their own refreshments. Coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller. Alcohol, glass containers and pets are not allowed. You’re allowed to bring your own camera to take a photo for free.
Recreation Drive will close from 4-10 p.m. and visitors will not be able to drive through the park. Shuttles will run from 5:30-10:30 p.m. from the Post Oak Mall parking lot (JC Penny side) to Stephen C. Beachy Central Park. Handicap parking will be located at the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park softball complex (accesses from Highway 6). Guests may bring their own refreshments, but coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller. Alcohol, glass containers and pets are not allowed. Food vendors will also be available.
The holiday celebration doesn’t stop there! Guests can continue the family tradition of viewing more than one million lights that will decorate the beautiful 47-acre Stephen C. Beachy Central Park from 6-11 p.m. each day starting on Thanksgiving and ending New Year’s.
Interested in performing at this year’s Christmas in the Park? The City of College Station is looking for groups or individuals to perform Nov. 30-Dec. 1 and Dec. 7-8 between 6 and 10 p.m. Performances will be based on staff approval a first come, first serve basis. Time slots will be assigned based on performance time. Performances will take place on a large mobile stage (24x24 ft.) at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park.
• All performances must be family friendly and incorporate elements of the holiday season.
• 10, 20, 30, 45 and 55 minute timeslots will be available.
• All acts must be lined-up and ready to perform 30 minutes before their scheduled time to allow for staging.
• Due to stage setup, props will not be allowed without the supervisor’s permission. Special requests, such as props, must be received in writing by Nov. 1.
• All recorded music must be received by Nov. 21 on a USB and song list in the order of your program. Please keep in mind that we do not have dressing rooms backstage and we ask that you enter stage left and exit stage right.
• Submit a short introduction of your performance in writing by Nov. 21.
• Due to limited parking, all groups are encouraged to arrive at the park a minimum of 45 minutes early. Shuttles will run from 5:30-10:30 p.m. from the Post Oak Mall parking lot (JC Penny side) to Stephen C. Beachy Central Park.
Apply online or in-person at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park (1000 Krenek Tap Rd.), Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. All performer applications must be received by Thursday, Nov. 1.
---> Online Form: Christmas in the Park Performance Application
For more information, contact Heather Lupoli at 979.764.3486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
JINGLE BELL FUN RUN
The College Station Parks & Recreation Department’s 29th Annual Jingle Bell Fun Run is set for Sunday, Dec. 2 at 1:15 p.m. and will be followed by the B/CS Christmas Parade. This two-mile run starts at the corner of University Drive and South College Avenue and ends at the corner of Texas Avenue and Elm.
Registration begins Sept. 3! Entry fee is $15 before Nov. 18 and $20 between Nov. 19 and 25. Race shirts are guaranteed to participants who register by Nov. 18. Dogs are welcome. The run will not be timed and a shuttle will be available to pick up participants at the end of the route to transport back to the start line.
Participants can register at rectrac.cstx.gov
or in-person at the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road. Packet pick-up will be Nov. 28 from 8 am. to 5 p.m. and Nov. 29 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 979.764.3486 or email@example.com
CONTACT INFORMATION: 979.764.3486
For more information, call 979.764.3486 or visit the College Station Parks & Recreation Office, 1000 Krenek Tap Rd.