By popular demand the City of College Station is saying goodbye to Christmas at the Creek and bringing back Christmas in the Park at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park. This fun-filled, family event will be Dec. 4 from 6-10 p.m., Dec. 5 from 12-9 p.m. and Dec. 6 from 6-10 p.m.
Daily activities will include a tour of the park on an old-fashioned hayride, free cookies and hot cocoa, and photos with Santa. You’re allowed to bring your own camera to take photos for free or buy a professional photo for $5.
On Saturday, Dec. 5 visitors can enjoy dance performances, inflatables, a petting zoo, real snow slide and a Holiday Vendor Village with a variety of arts, crafts, jewelry, candles and more. Guests may bring their own refreshments, but coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller. Alcohol, glass containers and pets are not allowed. Food vendors will be available.
The holiday celebration doesn’t stop there! Guests can continue the family tradition of viewing more than one million lights that will decorate the beautiful 47-acre Stephen C. Beachy Central Park from 6-11 p.m. each day starting on Thanksgiving and ending New Year’s.
PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE | DEC. 5
12:45-1:05 p.m. -- Pure Energy Dance
1:15-1:25 p.m. -- A&M Vertical Expressions Ballroom
1:35-2:05 p.m. -- Creek View Show Choir
2:15-2:45 p.m. -- Powersports
2:55-3:15 p.m. -- Brazos Valley Girls' Choir
3:25-4:15 p.m. -- Expressions Dance/Lil Wranglers
4:25-5:15 p.m. -- Suzanne's Dance
5:25-5:55 p.m. -- Wildfire Cloggers
6:10-7 p.m. -- Ciarra Marcel Acoustic/Sax
7:15-7:45 p.m. -- Chara Christian Dance
8-8:10 p.m. -- Cathy Liu and Amanda Hammond
8:25-8:45 p.m. -- Grind4God Ministries
JINGLE BELL FUN RUN
The College Station Parks & Recreation Department’s 26th Annual Jingle Bell Fun Run is set for Sunday, Dec. 6 at 1:15 p.m. and will be followed by the B/CS Christmas Parade
. This two-mile run starts at the corner of University Drive and South College Avenue and ends at the corner of Texas Avenue and Villa Maria.
Register today! Entry fee is $15 before Nov. 15 and $20 between Nov. 16 and 29. Race shirts are guaranteed to participants who register by Nov. 15.
Dogs are welcome. The run will not be timed and a shuttle will be available to pick up participants at the end of the route to transport back to the start line.
Participants can register at rectrac.cstx.gov
or in-person at the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road. Packet pick-up will be Dec. 3 & 4 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 979.764.3486 or email email@example.com
The City of College Station would like to invite you to be one of our holiday vendors on Saturday, Dec. 5 from 12-9 p.m. to display and sell your crafts, products and more. Vendors will be located at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, which will serve as a holiday vendor village.
Apply in-person at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road during normal business hours. All vendor applications must be received by before Nov. 30.
- Vendor booth availability will be based on a first come, first served upon approval of the event supervisor and the availability of booth spaces.
- All booths must be family friendly.
- No more than one like independent vendor, such as: Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Scentsy, Silpada, etc. will be accepted.
- Vendors must provide a tent (no larger than 10’ x 10’ staked in the ground) tables, chairs and tent lighting.
- Water and electricity will be provided at no charge. Special requests, such as being placed near electricity outlets, must be received in writing by Nov. 30.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you a booth, every vendor will be notified by email or phone by Nov. 23 of their approval and you will be sent a vendor agreement along with a rules and regulations page.
- A booth is not reserved until all paperwork has been returned and the $50 booth fee has been received.
- Vendor set-up will take place from 7 to 10 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 5. All booths must be ready no later than 10 a.m. All booths must remain set-up until the event concludes at 9 p.m.
For more information on Holiday vendors, call 979.764.3486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in performing at this year’s Christmas in the Park? The City of College Station is looking for groups for individuals to perform on Saturday Dec. 5 between 12 and 9 p.m. Performances will be based on a first come, first serve basis and a variety of timeslots will be available.
Due to limited parking, all groups are encouraged to arrive at the park a minimum of an hour early to allow time for drop-off. All acts must be lined-up and ready to perform 30 minutes before their scheduled time to allow for staging. All performers will have 30 minutes for their performance. Additional time can be requested but is not guaranteed.
Apply online or in-person at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road during normal business hours. All performer applications must be received by before Nov. 23.
---> Online Form: Christmas in the Park Performance
For more information on performances, call 979.764.3486 or email email@example.com
CONTACT INFORMATION: 979.764.3486
For more information, call 979.764.3486 or visit the College Station Parks & Recreation Office, 1000 Krenek Tap Rd.
Gerry LoganSpecial Events Supervisor