Location: 107 Holleman DriveSize: 21.26 Acres
Classification: Community Park
Date Acquired: 1954, old Wayne Smith Park; 1978, Lincoln Center; 1994-1997,Wayne Smith Baseball Fields
$1,900.00 Old Wayne Smith Park
$80,000 Lincoln Center
$316,800.00, Wayne Smith Basebal Field
In 1998 Lincoln/Wayne Smith Corridor was renamed to W.A. Tarrow Park in honor of W.A. Tarrow, a principle of Lincoln High School. This park is formed of Wayne Smith Park, Lincoln Recreation Center, and Wayne Smith Baseball Fields. The 2.46-acre site of old Wayne Smith Park was originally designed as a Little League field with bleachers. In 1987, the Parks and Recreation Department completely renovated the park to accommodate a playground, plenty of seating, picnic units, and a full lighted basketball court. The renovations to the park in 1994 connected Lincoln Center with Wayne Smith Park. Lincoln Recreation Center, acquired by the City of College Station in 1978, was originally constructed as the A&M Consolidated Negro School. W.A. Tarrow Park also includes Wayne Smith Youth Baseball fields, a 10.8-acre athletic park, adjacent to the Lincoln Recreation Center, formerly a residential area, with much of the land cleared in 1994. Between 1994-97, the city acquired all of the properties to form one park. These fields are dedicated to Mr. Wayne Smith for his foresight and efforts in establishing the first Little League fields in College Station. Construction was completed in 1999.