1600 Rock Prairie Road, College Station, TX 77845
42.21 Acres - Developed
Curfew - 1 to 5 a.m.
Formerly known as Southwood Athletic Park, Brian Bachman Community Park is a memorial to Constable Brian Bachmann, who had served as the elected constable of Brazos County Precinct, and had served in law enforcement for a total of 20 years.
Brian Bachmann Community Park is College Station's first community park devoted almost exclusively to athletics. Designed by the staff in response to perceived community needs, the park facilities consist of four Little League lighted baseball fields, two Senior League lighted baseball fields, two adult lighted soccer fields, four backstops, two concession buildings, four lighted tennis courts, two lighted basketball courts and parking for 544 cars. Also located here are Cindy Hallaran Pool (a 75' pool with bathhouse), G. Hysmith Skate Park, a picnic pavilion with barbecue pit, kitchen, and restroom facilities, a playground, horseshoe pit, and a sand volleyball court. You can also find the Southwood Community Center in this complex. Funding for this project was through the 1981 bond issue along with a matching grant through the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
The Southwood Community Center was originally built for the use as the EXIT Teen Center. It has since been renamed the Southwood Community Center and is utilized in the morning hours by seniors and by the teens in the afternoons.
2 Basketball Courts
2 Soccer Fields
6 Baseball Fields
4 Tennis Courts
Swimming Pool - Cindy Hallaran Pool
544 Parking Spaces UNLIGHTED FACILITIES
Picnic Unit, includes Barbecue Pit
Open Play Area
Sand Volleyball Court OTHER
G. Hysmith Skate Park
Southwood Community Center
Ladder Golf RENTABLE FACILITIES
6 Baseball Fields
2 Athletic Fields
All facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with no reservations required.
For more information, call 979.764.3486, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Office, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road in College Station.