Size: 44.7 Acres
Classification: Community Park
Date Acquired: 1980
Purchase Price: $267,900
Brian Bachmann Community Park is College Station's first community park devoted almost exclusively to athletics. Funding for this project was through the 1981 bond issue along with a matching grant through the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
The Southwood Community Center is located in this park and includes a meeting room, game room, computer lab, kitchen with an ice machine, a big-screen television, stereo equipment, coffee service and more.
---> Click here for rental information.
- 4 Little League lighted baseball fields
- 2 Senior League lighted baseball fields
- 2 adult lighted soccer fields
- 3 youth soccer fields
- 2 concession buildings
- 4 lighted tennis courts
- 2 lighted basketball courts
- Parking for 545 cars
- Cindy Hallaran Pool (a 75' pool with bathhouse)
- G. Hysmith Skate Park
- Picnic pavilion with barbecue pit, kitchen, and restroom facilities
- Horseshoe pit
- Volleyball court