501 Park Place, College Station, TX 77840DATE ACQUIRED
1.56 Acres - Developed PARKS ZONE
Curfew - 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Luther Jones Park, formerly known as Fairview Park, encompasses a small city block and consists of one youth softball field and an open play area. Live Oak trees line a portion of the park perimeter. The park was renamed in 1996 for Luther Goodrich Jones. Mr. Jones, a member of the Texas A&M faculty from 1919 until 1951, and was on the first City Council and secretary of the school board from 1941-46. He was very active in youth programs, and in 1964 donated the land for this park.
Open Play Area
Softball Field RENTABLE FACILITIES
All facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with no reservations required.
For more information, call 979.764.3486, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Office, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road in College Station.