The Office of the City Secretary maintains vital statistics for all births that occurred within the City of College Station. A birth certificate may only be obtained by the person of record or by the mother or father named on the certificate.
Applications for birth certificates are available online.
Applications can also be obtained from the Office of the City Secretary. The application for a birth certificate must be presented in person or sent in with proper photo identification and a check, money order or cash for the correct amount.
Per State law, no more than 3 copies of a birth certificate may be released at one time. The fee for a certified copy of a birth certificate is $23.00. **There is an additional $5.00 fee to have the certifcate(s) processed by mail.
- Applications for Birth and Death Records received by 4:00 p.m. will be processed the same day.
- Applications for Birth and Death Records received after 4:00 p.m. will be processed and made available the next business day by 9:00 a.m.
- Payment must be made with cash, check or money order.
- We do not accept debit or credit cards.
- No bills larger than $20.00 will be accepted.
For more information, please contact the Office of the City Secretary at:
Mailing: P.O. Box 9960, College Station, Texas 77842
Physical: 1101 Texas Avenue, College Station, Texas 77840
Phone (979) 764-5016
Fax (979) 764-6377
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.