The City of College Station is seeking an experienced professional to join our accredited team of public servants to plan, organize, integrate, oversee and evaluate Planning and Development Services activities and programs; develop, implement and monitor strategic plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving the city's mission and council priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in urban planning, architecture, construction management, public administration or related field, and seven or more years of progressively responsible planning experience, including five years leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Knowledge of planning and development principles and practices.
- Knowledge of code administration, ordinance development and ordinance enforcement.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and public presentation skills.
- Available for emergency response.
- Master's Degree in urban planning, architecture, construction management, public administration or related field.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) designation and Experience working in a municipality.
- Direct all divisions of the Planning and Development Services, to include but not limited to hiring, evaluating, counseling, disciplining and terminating subordinate employees (in coordination with Human Resources). Monitoring workloads, objectives and the performance of subordinates.
- Prepare and implement plans, programs, permitting and inspection of construction, development and other projects.
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; establish performance requirements and personal development targets; monitor performance and provide mentoring for performance improvement and development.
- Provide leadership and work with department staff to develop and retain highly competent, service oriented staff.
- Responsible for the investigation and disposition of disputes, complaints and disagreements regarding code and ordinance-related issues between departmental staff, other city departments, citizens, neighborhood groups, developers and development review applicants; respond to inquiries and participate in the development and implementation of resolutions.
- Oversee development projects, to include but not limited to, reviewing and approving engineering drawings for construction, ensuring compliance, and overseeing, directing and participating (as required) in site inspections of construction projects; and coordinating and working with consultants, developers, city departments and citizens in the preparation of plans, development review, preparation of codes and ordinances and other development-related projects.
- Advise the City Council, City Manager, citizen groups and boards, individuals, contractors and others on matters related to planning and development services programs and activities; assemble necessary resources to solve a broad range of challenges in the delivery of planning and development services; assist in the preparation of new city ordinances and the revision of existing ordinances.
- Prepare and monitor departmental budget ensuring cost effective, high impact use of monetary and non-monetary sources.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with the development community and with city staff.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to:
2120 Market Street, Suite 100
Camp Hill, PA 17011