The City of College Station is seeking an experienced, degreed Information Technology professional to join our team of dedicated public servants. The ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to provide leadership and strategy as we move forward with innovative vision and design of the technologies that serve our city departments. JOB SUMMARY
Serving as the principal technology architect and strategist for the City of College Station and the Information Technology Department, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) executes responsibilities to include but not limited to, providing innovative vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives and strategies in alignment with the mission of the organization; collaborating the integration of technology in the provision of City services with City Council, City Management, department leaders and front line personnel in alignment with business plan objectives; and directing and managing city-wide information technology/systems and telecommunication activities.JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or related field; and seven years of experience, including five years leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and leadership skillsPreferred
: Master’s Degree (preferably MBA), Management experience leading dynamic, high performing organizations, and Municipality ExperienceJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide innovative vision and leadership to the City Council, City Management, department leaders, and front line personnel providing direct oversight and direction on mission critical city-wide technology initiatives.
- Lead, and develop technology strategic plans and implementation plan strategies to improve the efficiency and efficacy of technological initiatives in alignment with city’s strategic goals and plans.
- Direct the activities of all functional areas of the Information Technology Department that includes enterprise applications, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions.
- Develop, direct, and implement organizational strategic and tactical technology policies, goals and procedures.
- Identify security initiatives and standards to include overseeing, investigating and keeping abreast of cyber security threats to ensure security of the city's data.
- Direct and oversee the preparation and administration of departmental budget, manage financial operations and monitor revenues and expenditures, ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Develop and present funding strategies to support technology initiatives. Develop, review and evaluate proposals and contracts for purchases and services.
- Perform other duties as required.
---> CLICK HERE to learn more about this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2120 Market Street
Camp Hill, PA 17011