The City of College Station's single-stream recycling program allows you to place your recyclables in one container. The only item that needs to be bagged in clear plastic is shredded paper. Nothing else should be bagged.
---> BLOG: 5 Ways You Can Make Single-Stream Recycling Work Even Better
If you would like recycling collection for your apartment or business, click here for a list of private recycling vendors.
Check the Collection Roster
to confirm your collection schedule.
On your designated collection day, place your full container at the curb by 8 a.m. It should be about 4 feet from obstructions, including your green garbage container. After collection, the container must be removed from the curb within 12 hours.
Download MyWaste on your smartphone to stay up to date with your collection schedule!
- Aluminum/tin/steel cans.
- Glass (all colors).
- #1 & #2 plastics.
- Mixed/white paper.
- Junk mail.
- Newspaper with inserts.
- Brown paper bags.
- Phone books.
- Flattened cardboard.
- Shredded paper (must be placed in clear plastic bags).
- Paperboard (such as cereal/frozen food boxes, milk/juice cartons).
- All recyclables must be dry and free of food debris.
- Only bag your shredded paper, all other items must be loose in the container.
- Caps from plastics should be removed and discarded.
- Rinse and clean ALL containers.
- No loose plastic bags.
- On your designated collection day, place your full container at the curb by 8 a.m.
- It should be about 4 feet from obstructions, including your green garbage container.
- After collection, the container should be removed from the curb within 12 hours.
City of College Station offices are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
300 Krenek Tap Road
(2nd Floor of Municipal Court Building
College Station, TX 77842
979.764.3690RecycleRequests@cstx.gov Download MyWaste for collection requirements, holiday delays, and more!