In order to locate a fire station in the city of College Station, you need to use the College Station Interactive Map on the City’s website.
- Click the following link: cstx.gov/gis
- Open the map titled College Station Interactive Mapping and click "Accept".
- In the right column there are two tabs, "Layers" and "Legend". "Layers" allows you to turn on/off different map features. "Legend" illustrates what the different symbols mean.
- Use the "Zoom In" tool to locate the Fire Station you are looking for.
- Click the "Identify Features" tool and change the Map Layer option (in the bottom right corner) to "Fire Stations".
- Still using the "Identify Features" tool, click on the Fire Station you are interested in.
- The attributes of that property, such as the name and address, will be displayed in the right column.
How to measure the distance of the Fire Station to a specific address
- Click the “Measure” tool found in the left column.
- You can change the units of measurement in the bottom right box.
- Click the Fire Station and then the address you are interested in to drop pins (You are able to drop more than two pins)
- The length between the pins will be displayed in the bottom right box.