FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
• Where can I find out about significant activity that occurs in the city?
The department publishes a “Significant Activity" log which lists burglaries, major traffic accidents and other events of note on a regular basis. The reports from the current and past month can be found HERE.
• Where can I find out information as it pertains to alarms? Information about alarms can be found HERE.
• How do I file a report about an animal issue?
You can contact the College Station Police Department at (979) 764-3600 or you can file an online report HERE.
• Where can I get information related to animal control issues?
You can find information on a variety of animal related questions HERE.
• Where can I get information about personnel assigned to my area of town?
College Station is divided into 8 geographic “beats” and each one has a designated Lieutenant, Sergeant and Community Enhancement officer. Information on these persons as well as how to contact them can be found HERE.
• Where can I find information about filing a complaint on an officer or employee?
Information related to our Internal Affairs function and filing of a complaint can be found HERE.
• Where can I find information about providing a compliment regarding an office or employee?
You can contact an on-duty supervisor or you can find further information HERE.
• Where can I find out information about what type of permits the police department issues and how to get one?
The College Station Police Department handles issuance of permits for Taxi Cabs, Pedi-Cabs and Solicitation. All other permits are handled through City Hall. Information on our permitting can be found HERE.
• What type of reports can I file on-line?
Our website allows the filing of NON-EMERGENCY reports pertaining to criminal offenses, animal related issues and traffic related issues. Issues that may be of public safety concern or in-progress criminal offenses should NOT be reported in this manner. Utilize 911 or our non-emergency number at (979) 764-3600 to report such incidents. Online reporting capabilities can be found HERE.
• Where can I get information about past crime statistics or historical reports?
Information related to current and past crime statistics, racial profiling reports and internal affairs reports can be found HERE.
• I have been the victim of a crime, what are my rights and what should I do?
Being the victim of a crime is very traumatic and can be overwhelming. Our department has a full-time victim advocate who is able to help in a variety of ways. Find out further information HERE.