The City of College Station is excited to celebrate Trick or Treat at Werewolf Creek on Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 5-10 p.m. at Wolf Pen Creek Park, located at 1015 Colgate Drive. This event will feature a free trick-or-treating environment that will excite all ages!
Dozens of candy booths will be providing free treats throughout the festival site, which will also feature carnival games, live entertainment, petting zoo, joy jumps, costume contest, pumpkin patch, hay maze, haunted trail, story time and much more! The Pumpkin Patch will have pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, ranging from $1-35. Cash, checks or credit card accepted. All proceeds with benefit the Bryan/College Station Habitat for Humanity.
Guests may bring their own refreshments, but coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller and alcohol and glass containers are not allowed. Food vendors will also be available. Parking is conveniently located at Post Oak Mall, and handicap parking will be available at the Arts Council and Amphitheater parking lot off of Colgate.
Thank you to our sponsors: Copy Corner, Guaranty Bank & Trust, Grand Station Entertainment & Kid to Kid.
| Main Stage
| Babies & Toddlers Registration 5:30-5:50 p.m
. | Babies & Toddlers Costume Contest and Parade 5:50-6:20 p.m.
| Kids Registration 6-6:20 p.m.
| View a variety of reptiles from the Texas Reptile Hospice and Sanctuary of Texas 6:30-7:10 p.m.
| Kids Costume Contest 6:50-7:20 p.m.
| Teens & Families Registration 7:10-7:20 p.m.
| Performance by the CSTAT Steppers 7:30-7:50 p.m.
| Teens & Families Costume Contest 8-8:45 p.m.
| Michael Jackson Tribute Performance by Ray Brooks of POP Entertainment 8:20-8:50 p.m.
| Adults, Couples & Groups Registration 9-9:30 p.m.
| Adults, Couples & Groups Costume Contest 9:30 p.m.
| Best Booth Winner announced
Chill Out Sno Cones
Raspas El Payasito Truck
Sweet Pops Kettle Corn
COSTUME CONTEST RULES & GUIDELINES
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgement. Contestants must adhere to the following in order to participate in the Costume Contest. Preregistration is not required.
- Costumes must be family friendly (not be obstructive, offensive or violent).
- Costumes may not contain any real weapons. Fake weapons must remain sheathed.
- Costumes may not contain sharp/pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike others.
- Use of liquids, messy substances or overly large props may not be used.
- Ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All participants will must complete and sign the costume contest waiver.
- Selected participants must stay in the staging area for the contest. If contestant are not present at the start of the contest, contestants must forfeit their spot. For Families and Group categories, all members must be present in the prejudging area to be considered by the judges.
- Chosen participants will receive a number in the prejudging area. Numbers must be visible through the end of the contest.
- All judges and event staff decisions are final.
- Pets/live animals are not allowed.
COSTUME CONTEST JUDING & AWARDS
Costumes will be judged on the following: creativity/originality, presentation of character/theme and interaction with judges/stage presence. Babies and Toddlers will be selected as judges’ choice and will not be individually scored. For all of the other categories, there will be three judges for the first round and then two celebrity judges for the second round. Scores will be combined from all judges to determine the winners. Score sheets will not be available to participants or the public.BABIES & TODDLERS (5 & UNDER)
Up to 50 contestants will be allowed to participate. Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage no later than 5:25 p.m. The costume parade will start at 5:30 p.m. A parent or guardian must be with the contestants.
AWARDS: Five winners will receive a certificate for 2018 swim lesson registration and a prize from either Usborne Books or Half Price Books. All participants will receive a Halloween-themed rubber ducky.KIDS (6-12)
Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage between 5:50-6:20 p.m. Judges will select 20 contestants to advance to the next round. A parent or guardian must be present.
AWARDS: Three winners will receive two one-hour passes to Altitude Trampoline Park with socks, a large Chick-fil-a cow with Be Our Guest cards (value of $25) and a certificate for 2018 swim lesson registration. TEENS (13-17)
Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage between 6:50-7:20 p.m. Judges will select 15 contestants to advance to the next round.
AWARDS: Two winners will receive a $10 cash card to Grand Station Entertainment, a small Chick-fil-a cow with Be Our Guest cards (value of $25) and a 2018 Adamson Lagoon Discount Pool Pass. FAMILIES (SAME HOUSEHOLD, 3-10 PEOPLE, ANY AGE)
Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage between 6:50-7:20 p.m. Judges will select five families to advance to the next round.
AWARDS: The winning family will receive a Grand Station Entertainment Family Arcade Package (good for up to five individuals) which includes Power Hour cards, one Laser Tag game, one Miniature Golf round, and one Bumper Car ride, and a 2018 Family Swim Pass for all City of College Station pools. ADULTS (18+)
Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage between 8:20-8:50 p.m. Judges will select 10 contestants to advance to the next round.
AWARDS: Two winners will receive $20 Grand Station Entertainment cash cards, Grand Station Entertainment 1.5 hour Bowling Package, which includes 1.5 hours of bowling and up to four shoe rentals. COUPLES (18+)
Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage between 8:20-8:50 p.m. Judges will select five couples to advance to the next round.
AWARDS: The winning couple will receive a Grand Station Entertainment Bowling Package, which includes an hour of bowling, two shoe rentals, Power Hour cards and one small Chick-fil-a cow with Be Our Guest cards (value of $25). GROUPS (3-10 PEOPLE, 18+)
Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage between 8:20-8:50 p.m. Judges will select five groups to advance to the next round.
AWARDS: The winning group will receive a Grand Station Entertainment Event Package (good for up to five individuals), which includes 1.5 hours of bowling, shoe rentals, one Laser Tag game, one Miniature Golf round, one Bumper Car ride and Power Hour cards.
INTERESTED IN HOSTING A FREE CANDY BOOTH?
The City of College Station welcomes all business and organizations to set up a candy booth for free along the Wolf Pen Creek Festival site walking path. Interested? Apply online
or in-person at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road during normal business hours. All booth applications must be received by Friday, Oct. 20.
- Booth set-up is 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Oct. 31. All booths must be ready at 4 p.m. and remain open until the event concludes at 10 p.m.
- All booths must be decorated, provide wrapped candy and have a Halloween-themed game for participants. All decorations and games must be safe and appropriate for all ages.
- Vendors are asked to bring at least 2,000-3,000 pieces of candy (about 7-8 large bags).
- Vendors must bring a tent (no larger than 10’ x 20’), tables, chairs and tent lighting. Tent must be weighed down. Tent stakes are not permitted on the festival site.
- Vendors interested in selling products or food must purchase a $50 vendor permit. Additional fees and rules apply.
- Candy booth availability is based on a first come, first served upon approval of the event supervisor and the availability of booth spaces.
- Water and electricity will be provided at no charge. Special requests, such as being placed near electricity outlets, must be received in writing by Oct. 20.
- Vendors are invited to enter the Best Booth contest that will be judged on decorations/theme, games and interaction with guest. Judges will evaluate all booths during the event and a prize will be awarded for first place. The winner will be announced on the stage at 9:30 p.m.
- The winner of the Best Booth Contest will receive a Fall Basket which includes; Scensy Warmer with bricks and a gift card to Starbucks and Shipley’s Do-Nuts.
---> Online Candy Booth Form
---> Candy Booth Details (PDF)
QUESTIONS? Call 979.764.3649 or email email@example.com.
CONTACT INFORMATION: 979.764.3486
For more information, call 979.764.3486 or visit the College Station Parks & Recreation Office, 1000 Krenek Tap Rd.