CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Available to work shift work, weekends and holidays
- Conviction of an offense above the grade of Class B or a Class B within the last 10 years.
- Placement on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of class B misdemeanor or on court-ordered community supervision or probation for a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years from the date of the court order.
- Conviction of any offense involving Family Violence as defined by the Texas Penal Code.
- Discharged from the military under less than honorable conditions or resigned to avoid such.
- Alcohol and Drug Use Criteria: Circumstances surrounding the usage of alcohol, controlled substances, illegal use of prescription medication or marijuana will be evaluated by the department on a case by case basis. Factors to be considered when determining eligibility include the type of substance used, frequency of use, if the use was experimental and how recent was the usage. Experimental use is considered usage to determine the effects of a drug.
- Applicants who have used illegal drugs beyond an experimental level are not acceptable.
- Applicants who have used any felony grade controlled substance within the last five years are not acceptable unless the drug was prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Abuse of any prescription medication within the last three years is not acceptable.
- Candidates having used or consumed marijuana within the last three years are not acceptable.
- Involvement in the illegal delivery or furnishing of any controlled substance or drug to another with the expectation that a personal benefit would be received as a result of the actions. This will result in permanent disqualification.
- Candidate Applies Before Application Filing Deadline
- Critical Multitasking Test Administered
- Return Personal History Statement to Police Department
- Records Check
- Oral Interview
- Fingerprinting Check
- Background Investigation
- Interview with Assistant Chief
- Psychological Exam*
- Drug Screen and Medical Examination*
- Candidate Selected OR Application Held For Future Consideration
Candidates must be successful in each phase of the selection process.
Candidates may be eliminated or disqualified at any point in the process for failure to meet the criteria set forth by the Police Department.
*A conditional offer of employment will have been made before the drug screen, medical exam and psychological exam are administered.
The expected duration of the application process is 60-90 days. Those successfully completing the selection process will be placed on an eligibility list for six months. After six months, the applicant must reapply. Applicants who fail to successfully complete any portion of the selection process shall be notified in writing by the Human Resources Department. This notification will include the eligibility date to reapply which will be no sooner than 30 days from the rejection date.
The City of College Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer