Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government

Mobile Food Vendors may be permitted to operate on private property for 5 hours at each approved location. Each unit must be associated with a Food Service Establishment, a location inspected and approved by the Brazos County Health Department, located in Brazos County. This association ensures that the Mobile Vendor is properly disposing of waste and waste water into a grease trap as well as storing products in appropriate facilities and temperatures. Please see the following information to obtain a Mobile Food Vendor permit from the City of College Station.

For any ordinance information, please refer to the Mobile Food Vendor ordinance.


At the direction of City Council, City Staff drafted Ordinance amendments to the Code of Ordinances to allow interested parties the opportunity to pursue the development and operation of Mobile Food Courts in College Station.

These amendments were adopted on October 8, 2015 and incorporated into the existing Mobile Food Vendor ordinance.

Mobile Food Courts will require City Council's approval of a Conditional Use Permit and Site Plan for each proposed location.

Paper copies of the Mobile Food Vendor ordinance, Mobile Food Vendor Affidavit and Mobile Food Vendor permit application may be retrieved by visiting the City of College Station Planning and Development Services Department located at the north end of City Hall.

City of College Station City Hall
1101 Texas Avenue
College Station, Texas 77842

Reminder: Each location on private property must be approved by the Planning and Development Services Department prior to any sales activity.

If you have questions, please contact the Planner-On-Call at (979) 764-3858 or

Last updated: 4/24/2018 9:25:41 AM