Through the Adopt-a-Greenway program, the City of College Station in partnership with Keep Brazos Beautiful, provides an opportunity for residents and businesses to play an active and ongoing role in cleaning and beautifying our open spaces, creeks and multi-use paths/trails.What do I have to do?
- Adopt an area within the City of College Station for a minimum of two years. The city will provide a list of locations to choose from.
- Each year, commit to cleaning at least two times – once in the fall and once in the spring may be ideal. You can clean your area more often, if so desired.
Who can participate?
Anyone who is interested in keeping our community clean and looking beautiful! This includes: individuals, families, student organizations, youth and church groups, scout groups, civic organizations, businesses, neighborhood associations or any combination of the above.
What are the benefits?
By participating, you not only gain the personal reward of knowing that you made a difference in how your community looks, but you also receive recognition on our website and a certificate thanking you for your service.
How can I get involved in the program?
- Determine the area you would like to adopt. Click here for area maps.
- Review the Statement of Understanding with additional program details.
- Fill out a Membership Application Form.
- Sign and return a Release and Indemnification Form for EACH individual participating.
Before your scheduled cleanup:
- Request supplies online through the Supply Request Form at least five working days prior to your scheduled cleanup.
- Pick up supplies at the Planning and Development Services Department, located at 1101 Texas Avenue, during regular business hours which are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Print the Cleanup Tips and review with others in your group.
Upon completion of each cleanup:
- Complete the Cleanup Report Form.
- Return unused items to the Planning and Development Services Department upon completion of your scheduled cleanup.
To learn more about the Adopt-A-Greenway program, contact Venessa Garza at 979.764.3674 or firstname.lastname@example.org