Located just across the street from Texas A&M University, Northgate is College Station’s premier entertainment district. Northgate is a mixed-use district that features a combination of businesses, residences, churches, and entertainment venues. In total, the district spans approximately 145 acres. At the heart of the College Station entertainment scene, the Northgate core is a vibrant part of the City known primarily for its eclectic mix of restaurants, shops, and bars.
Parking is readily available throughout the Northgate district with a 720-space parking garage located on College Main, a 117-space surface lot located on Church Avenue, and over 100 metered spaces along several streets. Check out our parking options below - it's all the information you need to make parking easy!
Click to view interactive map
The parking garage is your best bet for affordable, long-term parking and a great way to park once and walk to multiple destinations. Unlike the on-street, single-space meters which have time limits, you can park in the garage as long as you need. The City also offers monthly, six-month, and annual parking contracts. Long-term parking contracts provide the absolute best value and can be purchased online. The parking garage is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
PURCHASE A CONTRACT
3 a.m. until 8 p.m. – $1/hour
8 p.m. until 3 a.m. – $2/hour
Home Football Game Rate - $25
Garage parking is free from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sundays
PRE-PAY FOR GARAGE PARKING AND SAVE!
Save time and money by pre-paying for your parking on Friday and Saturday nights. Beginning at 10:30 p.m. you can purchase a pre-paid parking pass for $8.00. Pre-paid parking passes are valid for 12 hours. This provides the option of leaving your vehicle in the parking garage overnight. Pre-paid parking passes also save time because you can bypass the pay stations and go directly to your vehicle when leaving the parking garage. Pre-paid passes can be purchased with cash, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. See gate attendant for additional details.
SURFACE LOT PARKING
Located adjacent to the Northgate promenade, the surface lot provides convenient access to a variety of entertainment, shopping, and dining options in Northgate. Surface parking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (8 p.m. until 3 a.m.) – $2.50/hour
Home Football Game Rate – $3.50/hour
The surface lot parking is free from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sundays
The surface lot is free from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. - Monday through Friday
All Other Times – $0.75/hour
Note: Parking spaces 106 through 135 serve as a loading zone from 7:00 am until 11:00 am, Monday through Friday.
ON-STREET PARKING | MAP
The city has more than 100 single-space parking meters in Northgate. In addition to accepting coin payments, the meters provide patrons with the ability to pay with a credit or debit card. For more information on the operation of the single-space meters, please click here
. Metered parking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
6 a.m. until 5 p.m. - $0.75/hour
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (8 p.m. until 3 a.m.) - $2.50/hour
Home Football Game Rate - $3.50/hour from 6 a.m. Saturday until 3 a.m. Sunday
All single-space parking meters are free from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. every day except for TAMU Home Football Game Days and from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sundays.
Parking is not allowed on Lodge Street between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
DELIVERIES & LOADING ZONES | MAP
Northgate represents a unique mix of retail establishments, bars, restaurants, residential uses, and places of worship located close together, creating nearly around-the-clock activity. Given this unique mix of uses and the urban nature of Northgate, deliveries can pose a real challenge. Whether you work for a delivery company, a distributor, or a Northgate merchant, here are some tips for making your job a little easier:
- There are several designated loading zones in Northgate (see link for map above). Please pay close attention to the signage associated with the loading zones on First Street, Boyett Street, and in the surface parking lot. Those areas also serve as parking spaces for part of the day.
- The city also allows the fire lanes located near the surface lot to be used as loading zones as long as the vehicle is occupied at all times. Unattended vehicles in the fire lane will receive a citation.
- When utilizing the fire lanes as a loading zone, delivery vehicles should avoid blocking other vehicles.
- Vehicles operated by sales personnel are not allowed in loading zones. There are numerous free two-hour parking spaces in Northgate. (see map for location) Please utilize these spaces or park in a metered space when making sales calls.
- Loading and unloading should be done as quickly as possible. Parking and idling an engine for an extended period of time is not only noisy, it creates exhaust fumes and can wreak havoc on someone's sidewalk cafe business.
- If possible, try to avoid large deliveries during peak times - deliveries made during the evening rush hours and during lunch time will tie up customer traffic unnecessarily.
- Parking, loading, or unloading in a designated bike lane is not permitted. Bike lanes must remain clear of vehicles at all times.
- Even if you are loading and unloading, if you park in a metered spot, you must pay the meter.
For more information on parking rates and agreements, please contact:
The City of College Station