Does your home need essential repairs?
College Station Community Development Office offers eligible owners a forgivable and low-interest loan for moderate to major renovations of owner-occupied homes. Loans of up to $50,000 are available for qualified families.
To apply for this program, please download the following files, complete and return to the Community Development office with all applicable information.
Rehabilitation Program Summary
To qualify for the Rehabilitation Loan Program:
- You must own and occupy the house needing repairs;
- The house must be located within the College Station City Limits;
- You must provide an application fee of $25;
- You must be current on your property taxes;
- You must have homeowner's insurance;
- The house must be in repairable condition (if the house is not repairable, the structure may qualify for the Reconstruction Program);
- The repairs must be basic and the home must be in violation of city building codes or HUD's Housing Quality Standards;
- Your family income cannot exceed the current HUD published Median Income Limits for the City of College Station;
- You must have a credit score of 575 or greater;
- You may not have more than $20,000 in liquid assets, excluding retirement accounts and personal property;
- You must complete a homebuyer education course after your application is approved.