Solicitors Permit Application (11.2kb)
City Ordinance requires that all solicitors and handbill distributors have a permit. These permits are obtained at the Police Department, located at 2611 Texas Ave.
Solicitor and handbill distributor permits are valid for a period of 30 days and shall be accompanied by a fee of $50.00. Solicitors/handbill permits may be renewed upon payment of $25.00 if during the active permit period.
All vendors are required to provide the City of College Station with a bond in the sum of not less than $1,000.00 made payable to the Mayor of the City of College Station. Interstate commerce, charitable organizations, B/CS businesses and individuals selling farm products in an unrefined state are exempt from this bond requirement.
To obtain a solicitor or handbill distributor permit, please print the Solicitors Permit Application (11.2kb) and fill out completely. (The application is in the Adobe portable document format (pdf).
The applicant must also attach certain documentation to the application in order for it to be considered complete, including the following:
- Copy of Charter or Articles of Incorporation and current listing of directors, partners, and principals (any company listed on the American or New York Stock Exchange is exempt from this requirement),
- Copy of permit to do business in Texas for foreign corporation,
- Copy of sales tax permit (for local businesses),
- Copy of written approval of the Brazos County Health Department (for food sales)
Bring the completed application and required attachments, along with the appropriate fees and applicable bond, to the Accounting Office located on the second floor of City Hall.
For more detailed information or assistance, please contact Particia Logan at
(979) 764-6277 or by email at email@example.com.