Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government

Request Deferred Disposition (alcohol):

If you have received a citation for Minor in Possession of Alcohol, Misrepresentation of Age by a Minor, Attempt to Purchase by a Minor, etc, and have not been placed on deferred disposition ("deferred") in the past twelve months on one of the above referenced offenses, you may request to be placed on deferred. Your request must be made in person in court.  If you are placed on deferred, the judge will give you a series of conditions that you are to comply with by specific deadlines. The term of the deferred cannot exceed beyond the term of 180 days.  You must pay at least the state fees at the time you are placed on deferred. The normal cost of a deferred is the fine plus $50 and state fees.

The terms of your probation include but are not limited to: immediate payment, cannot receive any non-traffic citations and keep your address updated during period, attend an alcohol awareness class, complete a specified number of community service hours, attend a  Victim Impact Panel class and must file a notarized statement of compliance with the court during the last two weeks of your probationary period.   

Non-compliance with any of the terms will result in a conviction and immediate collection of the full range of fine and state fees ($574 subject to increase). 

Community Service and an Alcohol Awareness Class are required to be attended according to the Alcoholic Beverage Code.  If both are not completed, DPS will suspend your license for 180 days and require a $100 reinstatement fee to be paid to DPS before the suspension is lifted after the 180 days are completed.


Last updated: 6/23/2014 9:20:31 AM