It's unlikely that your federal government would open its doors to you for a few weeks to meet those in charge, to ask questions and to share your opinions. Odds are slim of such happening at the state level, either. But that's exactly what we're doing at College Station City Hall: Inviting you to be part of our annual Citizens University!
You will get to talk to those who build budgets, construct capital projects, plan for growth, keep the lights on and neighborhoods safe. Give our Citizens University a try, or tell a friend or family member. The program is held each spring for 13 weeks (12 classes and a graduation night) on Mondays from 7-9 p.m.
2018 program starts Monday, Jan. 22.
---> CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
- Get better acquainted with the city you live in.
- Become an outstanding candidate for a city board, commission or committee.
- Build your resume/portfolio.
- Become an active community member.
- Meet your local elected officials and city staff.
- Learn about a variety of city programs and services.
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- A resident of Brazos County.
- Not running for political office during the program.
- If you miss more than three sessions, you will not receive a graduation certificate.
- It's free! If you'd like to keep your session handouts organized, it's recommended (not required) to purchase at least a 3-inch, three ring binder with 12 dividers.
- Starts the Monday after Martin Luther King Jr. Day in January and runs for 13 weeks (12 classes and a graduation night) on Mondays from 7-9 p.m. No class during Spring Break.
- Refreshments & snacks will be provided AND you're welcome to bring your own.
- Class size limit: 30 participants.
- Sessions focus on City of College Station departments, budgets, services, programs and activities:
- City Manager's Office
- City Secretary's Office
- Parks & Recreation
- CSU: Water, Wastewater & Electric Services
- Utility Customer Service
- Community and Neighborhood Services
- Public Works
- Planning & Development Services
- Municipal Court
- Fiscal Services
- Public Communications
- City Council
Marketing & Community Outreach Coordinatorllively@cstx.gov | 979-764-3445